Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The best part about being an adult

What’s the best part of being an adult?
I remember looking at my friends parents when I was a teenager and thinking that I couldn’t wait until I was an adult as you don’t have to worry about the problems that I was having at the time. 

Adults don’t have to worry about why their best friend isn’t talking to them.  They can buy clothes whenever they want, not when their mum can only afford it.  They can have that chocolate when they go shopping when they want to. They can have the latest brand name clothes and be in with the cool crowd.  They don’t have to worry about if their butt looks big in jeans because it’s ok to have a big butt when you’re older.  They don’t have to rely on anyone else to drive them somewhere, to name a few.

Now that I’m an adult, it’s funny to look back at those things that I wished for.
Adults still have to worry about why their best friend isn’t talking to them..sometimes it happens..and even worse, sometimes its family.  They can’t buy clothes whenever they want as they usually need to cloth everyone else first.  They can’t have chocolate when they go shopping whenever they want to because they calorie count now.  They can have the latest brand name clothes if they want, but they spend the earth and no one really notices anyway as cool crowds don’t seem to exist at this age and what you wear doesn’t really matter.  They do have to worry about if their butt looks big in jeans because it’s still not ok to have a big butt at any age according to the media.  They have to rely on themselves to drive themselves everywhere, pay for petrol and never get to enjoy being a passenger.

But I’m glad I’m an adult now and I wouldn’t trade it for being a kid again.
Because now I realise what the best thing about being an adult is:
I can make a cake mix and eat the whole damn lot if I want to.
THIS is the best part about being an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment